Friday, November 6, 2009

Artisan Profile - Bill of House Of Six Cats

How/when did you become an artisan?
I fell in love w/ photography in 1983, when I got my first 35mm SLR. However, I have only been trying to sell my work since 2007, and I have only been doing local shows since March of this year.

What do you enjoy most about artisan markets and craft fairs?
I love meeting other crafters/artisans! I have met some very talented and cool people over the past eight months.

What inspires you and your work?
That is a tough question. I find inspiration when I am out shooting by just walking around and trying to see things in a way that might normally go overlooked.


What do you do when you are not crafting?
I am in school for my Associates Degree in web design at the Art Institute online. I am basically self employed, so I am trying to figure out how to make a living w/o having to work for someone else, and I am a dad to a 2 1/2 year old daughter.

Describe a perfect day in Portland?
Partly sunny, around 75 degrees, a slight breeze, and my camera in hand, exploring a new area.





Hometown?
I am a native New Yorker. I am from a small Hamlet in Westchester County, this is about half hour to 45 minutes north of Manhattan.

No comments: