Friday, November 20, 2009

Artisan Profile - Barbara of B Hive Designs

How/when did you become an artisan?
I think I was just born a little crafty. I have always made things with my friends & family. My parents and sisters are all very artistic, and it was just a natural road for me to take. I studied art in high school and through college, but mostly as a past time. I never really thought about using art as a business until I had my children. Not only did I have an urge to simplify my life, but I was also drawn to the things that I loved as a child like drawing and making things pretty in general.

What do you enjoy most about artisan markets and craft fairs?
Oh, I definitely love the people that I meet, both artists and customers. It is always
nice to sell your work to people who genuinely appreciate what you do, but it is equally inspiring to meet others who create.




What inspires you and your work?
The boys….husband, son 1, and son 2. They’re just so darn cute. No really, I am truly inspired by the beauty of the outdoors. There is something really special about being able to walk outdoors and spy an eagle over head. I love that!

What do you do when you are not crafting?
It seems like I am never “not” crafting these days, but
I mostly love to be at home with my boys, riding bikes along the riverfront, and eating husbands super good cooking (in the summertime anyway)……oh, and lots of daydreaming.





Describe a perfect day in Portland?
A perfect day consists of a morning run, coffee & pie while perusing my favorite blogs, riding bikes to Willamette Park with my boys, drawing in the sand on a small riverside beach, a stress free craft project with the kids, afternoon yoga, and dinner made by husband........maybe not entirely realistic, but most of my perfect days consist of some of these things.


Hometown?
Santa Barbara…..otherwise known as paradise.


to learn more about B Hive Designs visit Barbara's blog.

No comments: