Monday, November 9, 2009

Artisan Profile - Rose Bonomo of Rosabode

How/when did you become an artisan?
After many years in the fitness business, I started to feel the need to express another side of myself. My dad was an importer of silk textiles in the 1960's and my love of fine fabric dates back to my childhood. I love the feeling of satisfaction derived from creating things with your own hands.

What do you enjoy most about artisan markets and craft fairs?
The people and their responses to the goods.



What inspires you and your work?
The glamour of the 1940's and all the great things they did with real fur. It was all so over the top. I definitely get inspiration from fabric - textures, colors and combinations. I like pairing odd things.

What do you do when you are not crafting?
Exercising, hanging out with friends, drinking wine and chauffering my kids.




Describe a perfect day in Portland?
It starts out kind of rainy and then turns beautiful and sunny. I have coffee with a girlfriend, then go for a bike ride and see something I have never seen before.

Hometown?
New York City

No comments: