Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Amy of Clothespin Cards

How/when did you become an artisan?
I have always loved art although have not taken art classes per se. I was a big doodler and have always sent cards to people for every occasion. I started Clothespin Cards 3 years ago and have enjoyed every minute of it. It's great fun to create cards that people love to send to friends and family using a typewriter that was my grandmothers.

What do you enjoy most about artisan markets and craft fairs?
Craft fairs always present people that are thoroughly excited to be there and shop the booths. It's a great day to have intriguing conversations with people that think your craft is fantastic. I am amazed at other artisans' work and their patience for their pieces of art.

What inspires your work?
My work is inspired by so much. I have a great garden in the summer so the vegetables and flowers are an inspiration for some of my cards. I love polka dots and stripes for cards as well so finding great paper that is simple yet bold is inspiring. I have also collected quotes forever so they are a good inspiration to put on cards and mix colors that might work with the specific words of a quote. Currently, I am inspired by oranges, yellows, and greens - must mean spring is here!

What do you do when you are not crafting?
I garden, walk, speak Spanish, and spend time with our 5.5 year old, family and friends when I am not crafting.

Describe your perfect day?
A perfect day in Portland ... so many options! Walking on the beach at Sauvie Island, picking strawberries, and having a BBQ with friends would probably be on the top of the list!

No comments: