Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Artisan Profile- Inger of MeMe Cosmetics

http://www.memecosmetics.net/How/when did you become an artisan?
I started making soap in 1997 just as a hobby. That hobby quickly became an obsession. In 2000, I received a diploma in Herbal Medicine & in 2003, I received a diploma in Aromatherapy. I draw on both diplomas to create my line of products.
What do you enjoy most about artisan markets and craft fairs?
Meeting fellow artisans, introducing my company & products to new people.
Who inspires you and your work?
Valerie Ann Worwood, author and aromatherapist, Dr. Bronner the man who created Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castille Soap, Mandy Aftel, Master Perfumer.
What do you do for fun in Portland?
Shop at Oregon Leather, eat Voodoo Doughnuts, go to live shows or "the Bins" with my friends.
What do you do when you are not crafting?
Hard to say, because I'm always making something with my hands: I'm an aspiring silversmith, I enjoy crochet, baking, cooking, canning and food preservation.
Hometown?
View, Washington
Describe your paradise:
Canada







No comments: